FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“The BEAT Awards, Honoring The Best In The City”
Muskegon, MI (October 25, 2013)– 103.7 the Beat is exciting to announce the return of the Muskegon Beat Awards. Formerly known as the Skee-Town Hoodie Awards, the awards are back and better than ever. With new categories and some back by popular demand, this is sure to be a night to remember. Sponsored by Frontier Communications, The B.E.A.T Awards (Best in Education, Achievement & Talent) celebrates 15 categories ranging from Best Teacher, Community Leader, Man or Woman in Uniform, Church Choir, Athlete, Mentor, Entertainer, Barber & Beautician, Coach, Social Media Impact, Grassroots Program, Student of the Year, Local Business/Non-Profit Organization, Most Distinguished Gentleman and Sophisticated Lady.
This will be an evening of relaxation, entertainment and excitement. You are invited to celebrate with us and enjoy live performances, dinner, an evening of elegance, awards and special recognitions. The event will take place on Saturday, November 23, 2013 at the Muskegon Holiday Inn. Dinner will be served from 7:00pm – 8:00pm, followed by an award ceremony. The 2013 Muskegon BEAT Awards is produced by long time Entertainment/Talent Producer Jon Covington.
Nominees for the show include:
· Best Man or Woman in Uniform: Fonte Love, Jimmy Foxx, Maurice Sain
· Social Media Impact: Glen Gray Jr, Kenny Montana, Nae Ink
· Best Church Choir: Holy Trinity COGIC, Mount Zion COGIC, Church of the Living God
· Best Barber: Norris Roberts, Yancy Harris, Ken Terrell
· Best Beautician: Deanna Gant, Candace Evans, Nietra Hood
· Best Mentor: Willie Wilson, Arthur Duren, Kevin Cummings
· Best Local Entertainer: Chris Mitchell, Ebony Davis, Glen Chapman
· Best Coach: Keith Guy, Dalrecus Stewart, Lee Gilbert
· Best Grassroot Program/Non-Profit Organization: Bubbles Bounce, Muskegon Heights Alumni Association, Grandparents Raising Grandchildren and Kinship
· Best Teacher/Teacher’s Aid: Tamara Warren, Pauline McDowell, Beverly Burrell Johnson
· Most Distinguished Gentleman: Reginald Brown, Stanley Grissom Jr., Kevin Cummings
· Most Sophisticated Lady: Jesse Franklin, Kaja Thorton, Shavaun Savage
· Community Leader: Mimi Rankins, Nancy Waters, Blanche Smith
· Best Local Business/ Non-Profit Organization: Pathfinders, Bubbles Bounce, Fancy Yancys
· Best Local Athlete (19 & older): DeMonte Collins, Lakera Lakes, Jordan Riley
· Best Local Athlete (18 & younger): Deshaun Thrower, Willie Shanks Jr., Derecko Riley
· Student of the Year (College/or Graduated within the last year): Kiara Hatcher, Maggie Jones, Sequoia Hood
· Student of the Year (High School or Below): Jeremie Harris Jr., Darius Lee Williams, Markeith McBride, Sierra Bursey
Tickets are only $25, $30 (Gold) and $35 (VIP) and available at Silk Florals (1394 Peck St), Patterson’s Pharmacy (2144 Hoyt St), Ken’s Anointed Hands (1040 Wood St), Virginia’s Barber & Beauty Centre (266 Mason Ave), Fancy Yancy’s Barber & Beauty Shop (2754 Peck St) and 103.7 the Beat Studios (1877 Peck St). Sponsorship and booklet ads opportunities are still available. You may also cast your votes in all categories for the nominees by November 20, 2013 on www.beatawards.com
WHEN: Saturday, November 23, 2013
WHERE: Muskegon Holiday Inn Embassy Ballroom
939 Third Street, Downtown
Muskegon, MI 49440
For more information or media inquiries visit www.beatawards.com or call (231) 727-5007.
West Michigan Community Help Network,
(WMCHN) is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization created in 2000 offering a variety of programs that serve community members of every age and background. The WMCHN is committed to the community and programs such as the Student Mentorship Program, Feed the Needy Program, Peace Jam Festival, Anti-Gang Initiative and more. We focus on leadership, education, and community development. On November 15, 2001 the WMCHN was given the green light to operate a new urban, educational station (WUVS-LP 103.7 the Beat) for the Muskegon area. To learn more visit our website at www.1037thebeat.com.
©Rose Reese P.P.C. (publishing, production, consulting)/email@example.com