By: Emily Guiles
The Lakeshore Museum Center is home a new and limited time exhibit recounting the history of Marsh Field from its founding in 1916 to present.
In 1916 Charles W. Marsh purchased four blocks at Laketon Ave ad Peck St for the construction of a ballpark where Marsh Field now sits.
Marsh Field contains a lot of history in the Muskegon area and beyond. In 1951 the Big Reds State Champion Baseball team played at Marsh Field. And so did the All American Girls Professional Baseball League, including the Muskegon Lassies and the Muskegon Belles, both played at Marsh Field.
Baseball Hall of Famer Satchel Paige has also played at Marsh Field, along with hometown hero Earl Morrall.
Marsh Field has seen its fair share of Fame and on August 7th 2003 Marsh Field was dedicated as a historical marker in the city of Muskegon Heights.